welcome to gyeongsanGeneral Current Situations
- Gyeongsan-si located in south central Gyeongsangbuk-do and is a very idealistic city that is upgrading day by day as a mixed urban and rural technical city combining education, culture, industry, and residence as it is within the vicinity of Daegu-si.
- This city is not only well connected with Seoul-Busan Expressway, Gyeongsan IC, Seoul-Busan Railroad Line, Daegu Railroad Line, Industrial Road, and National Road from all directions but is also a 20-minute drive from Daegu Airport. It will be a traffic strategic point when the extended Daegu Subway Line to Gyeongsan is completed. Gyeongsan-si is an academic and research city that boasts 12 universities, among them Yeungnam University, Daegu Catholic University, Daegu University, and Daegu Oriental Medicine College, with as many as about 120,000 college students and 170 college-affiliated research institutes.
- In addition, Gyeongsan-si, which accommodates an estimated 1,700 small and medium-sized companies at Gyeognsan General Industrial Complex and other places, is a high-tech industrial city with well-equipped infrastructure for assisting corporations like Gyeongsangbuk-do Techno Park, Korea Institute of Textile Machines, Daegu Gyeongsandbuk-do Training Institute of Small and Medium Industry Promotion Corporation, and Car Embedded Center.
- Historically, Gyeongsan, which was a foundation for the Small ApRyang State (Aptok State) prior to the Three-States Period, is a place where great figures like St. Wonhyo, Seol Chong, a grand scholar, and Il Yeon, a distinguished Buddhist monk, were born, and a cultural and historical city with a number of cultural relics like the ancient tombstones in Imdang-dong and Joyoung-dong.
- Gyeongsan-si is a garden city whose population is on the rise due to its rapid urbanization.