welcome to gyeongsanSpecialties
- The jujubes produced in Gyeongsan are hailed as stamina foods because they are coarse and rich in sugar and minerals thanks to Gyeongsan’s plentiful sunshine. They represent 30% of the total jujube production in South Korea.
- Gyeongsan Agricultural Cooperative : (053) 817-3211, 857-8841
- The grapes produced in Gyeongsan are recognized as the best because they are rich in sugar thanks to Gyeongsan’s plentiful sunshine, and because they have a brilliant color. In particular, the grapes from Sanjeon(Namcheon) is well known in the entire country because of their supremely good taste and quality thanks to the elvan soil.
- Gyeongsan Agricultural Cooperative : (053) 811-4141
- Gyeongsan peaches, which largely belong to the category of heavenly peaches, are characterized by their big size and elegant color arising from the fertile land and aboundant water supplies in the Jain, Yongseong, and Namsan areas.
- Gyeongsan Agricultural Cooperative : (053) 852-8400
- The plums that are chiefly produced in the Wachon area are hailed as health foods because they are cultivated with chitosan-added organic fertilizer. They are also recognized as first-class fruits across the country due to their distinctive taste and color.
- Wachon Agricultural Association : (053) 852-4310
- The Oriental melons produced in Apryang-myeon are cultivated in fertile deep sandy loam soil with affluent organic materials spread widely along Geumho River, with plenty of sunshine and underground natural bedrock water. Gyeongsan provides the consumers with “gold Oriental melons” with high sugar content and a clean color, and whose skin is solid and crispy.
- Producer : Apryang Oriental Melon Commodity Unit
- Tel : 011-541-1057
- The Gyeongsan seedlings are chiefly produced in the Hayang and Jinyang areas, a seed and nursery industry special zone, from fruit trees and rose and samplings. The special zone produces high-quality seedlings and is the largest seed-producing area in the country, accounting for 80% of the total production in South Korea.
- Gyeongsan Seed Business Team : (053) 851-1616
- Shiitake mushrooms have been widely used ever since our ancestors recognized their effect and taste, as shown by an old saying that the no. 1 mushroom is neungi mushroom, no. 2 is pine mushroom, and no. 3 is shiitake mushroom. While shiitake mushrooms are now being cultivated across the country with the spread of the new cultivation technology, the safety of the shiitake mushrooms being grown in Gyeongsan has become known to the consumers, with such mushrooms having been designated as a certified environment-friendly and good agricultural product of Gyeongsangbuk-do.
- Gyeongsan Mushroom Development Conference : (053) 852-9399
- The parsley produced in the Yongseong Yukdong and Hayang Daegok districts in Gyeongsan is becoming increasingly renowned as the representative agricultural product of Gyeongsan because it is cultivated in an isolated mountainous zone with clean bedrock water from good environments where the stream or underground water is not polluted. The producers here grow parsley with utmost care so that the consumers can enjoy its distinctive flavor and taste.
- Yongseong Yukdong Parsley Commodity Unit (Yonseong-myeon, Yongcheon-ri) : (053) 851-5717
- Hayang Hansil Parsley Commodity Unit (Hayang-eup, Daegok-ri) : 011-518-6624
Jain Cow Korean Beef
- The Korean beef in Jain-myeon is first-class meat from cows that are made to drink only natural elvan bedrock water and that are fed clean grass kept pest-free with natural fertilizer. It has earned the confidence of the consumers particularly because it is produced using the producer’s real-name system and because the livestock rating documents are kept for presentation at any time. During the Jain Korean Beef-Fringe Tree Flower Festival held around Gyejeiong Forest in May every year, you will not only marvel at the fringe tree flowers that you’ll see everywhere, feel the warm hospitality of the local residents, and enjoy numerous events, including various games like the Palgwangdae game; you will also be able to taste the best-quality roasted beef, which is vacuously ripened in a hygienic way, particularly the beef tartare bibimbap made of raw beef parts and 30 sauces served with fried rice on a stone plate.
- Gyeongsan-si, Jain-myeon Office : (053) 857-3000